The Hazard Library Association primarily serves the residents of the Southern Cayuga Central School District. However, the Association also serves all residents of the Finger Lakes Library System (FLLS) in compliance with the rules of the New York State Board of Regents.
- New library patrons are required to register by filling out our registration form. Patron receives a Finger Lakes Library System library card that may be used at any library in the Finger Lakes Library System.. Patron may sign out materials the same day.
- Barcoded library materials except DVDs and the Nook Color are loaned for a three-week period. With permission of the library director, patron may borrow an excess of 40 items.
- DVDs are loaned for a one-week period. There is a limit of five (5) DVDs. The Nook Color may be borrowed for two weeks with one renewal. It may only be checked out on an adult card. Limit one per family/household.
- Two renewals are allowed on all library materials provided that there is not a hold on that item. (Note exception for the Nook Color in #3 above.) Renewals will be made automatically if there is no hold on the item up to the limit of renewals for that item type or may be made in person, by phone or online.
- A patron may request an item that is owned by our library but checked out, or an item from another library. When the item comes in, the patron will be notified by phone or e-mail. The item will be held on the reserve shelf for two weeks.
- Materials returned late are subject to fines. (See Overdue policy)
- Interlibrary loan service is provided for materials not owned by Hazard Library. Our lending period will apply if the material is coming from a Finger Lakes member library. An interlibrary loan item from outside the Finger Lakes Library System is subject to the lending library due date.