Working in conjunction with other libraries in Cayuga County and the Finger Lakes Library System, Hazard Library is now beginning a staged reopening to the public following its closure due to the COVID-19 Pandemic.
The first stage will consist of “Porch Pick-Up” only and the public will not yet be allowed to enter the building. We will begin offering this service the week of June 15th.
You will be able to place holds or “order” books that are owned by Hazard Libraryto be picked up at Hazard Library. We will not be able to get books that belong to other libraries until later in the summer. We ask that you limit your requests for “new” titles to 3 books or DVDs.
- Place your hold online through our website (www.hazardlibrary.org) or the Finger Lakes Library System website (www.flls.org) .
- Contact the library directly – Let us
know your name, phone #, and the names and authors of the books you would like.
- Call Hazard Library at 315-364-7975
- Email Hazard Library at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send us a message using the “Contact Us” feature on the library website
- Send us a message on the library Facebook page
Picking up Books
Once you receive notification that your books have been gathered for you, please contact the library to let us know which timeframe you would like to stop by and pick up your books from the porch. They will be waiting for you, already checked out, on a table on the porch. You can also let us know when you would like to pick up the books when you make your request however the only guarantee that they will be ready for you is when you receive notification that they have been gathered.
Our hours for pick-up will be:
- Tuesday – 9AM-noon, 2PM-5PM
- Thursday – 9AM-noon, 2PM-5PM
- Saturday – 9AM-noon
We ask that everyone following social distancing guidelines when picking up their books. Please wait for others to leave the porch before approaching the table.
Please return books to the library where they were checked out to you.
There will be a bin on the porch during our pick-up times to collect returned books.
Books returned during our closed hours can be placed in our book drop slot as usual.