We are getting ready for Summer Reading. We will begin registration the week of June 27th and programs will begin on Tuesday, July 12th. Our full schedule and the reading log can be found at https://www.hazardlibrary.org/home/summer-reading-programs/.
Stop in to find out about our plans to relocate the library to Opendore and to see our building plans.
Preschool Story Hour
Story Hour meets each Tuesday at 9:30 AM when SCCS is in session. All children who have not yet entered kindergarten and their caregivers are invited to join us.
Our final day for the 2021-2022 school year will be Tuesday, June 21.
Please call 315-364-7975 for more information and to let us know you are coming.
Hazard Library is here to serve you!
We are continuing to request use of face masks regardless of vaccination status due to being in a confined space with limited airflow. Please help to protect our youngest users and others who are unable to be vaccinated. Masks are available for those who do not have one with them.
- Patrons have been able to come into the library to browse, check out books, and use the computer since July 2020. Click here to learn of the expectations for visiting the library.
- We are continuing to offer porch pick-up of books, movies, and books-on-CD ordered in advance. Click here to find out how “Porch Pick-Up works.
- Order online, call 364-7975, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org A list of our new materials can be found here. Check weekly to see what has been added.
- You can also order books from other libraries. We get deliveries twice a week (Mon and Thurs). Click here to learn how to place books on hold online
- All items that are returned are being held until the next open library day before being checked in. You may receive renewal or overdue notices for items you have returned but know that they will be taken care of within the next day or so. Sorry for any confusion.
- Tuesday 9-12, 2-7
- Thursday 9-12, 2-7
- Saturday 9-1
We get deliveries of interlibrary loan books each Monday and Thursday afternoon.
We are looking for new Library Board Trustees from the Towns of Genoa, Ledyard, Scipio, and Venice. Please contact the library if you have interest or would like some more information.
Our next board meeting will be held on Wednesday, July 20th at 6:30 PM at Opendore. This is a change in date. All meetings are open to the public. The minutes of our May meeting can be found here.
Save the date: The book sale will be held from Sat July 30 – Sat Aug 13! 2 full weeks again this year!
The storage bins located at the southern end of the Old Emily Howland School in Sherwood are now open!
Please DO NOT leave donations on the library porch.
Southern Cayuga Book Club
Meets the 1st Wednesday of each month at 7:00 PM at Opendore (2978 State Route 34B).
Please e-mail us at email@example.com for information on how to join us.
Our July meeting has be rescheduled to June 29th. We will be reading “The Thursday Murder Club” by Richard Osman.
Please contact us at the library if you would like a copy reserved for you.
Health Care Navigator @ Hazard Library
- Do you need health insurance?
- Do you need help using the NY State of Health Marketplace?
- Do you have questions about your health insurance?
You can call 315-255-1703 x159 if you would like to speak to a Health Care Navigator to assist you with your health insurance.
Please contact the library for more information or to make an appointment to speak with him.